Remembrance at Maresfield
Location: St Bartholomew’s Church High Street, Maresfield Uckfield East Sussex TN22 2EJ
Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 10.30 am
A Remembrance Service, led by the Rev Ben Sear, will be held at Maresfield Recreation Ground, on Sunday, November 8.
It had been hoped officers from the 5 (Maresfield) Squadron 11 (Royal School Signals) Signals Regiment, would march to the service as in previous years but they have now been ordered not to attend any Remembrance services because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Bubble groups will be clearly marked and appropriately distanced on the Recreation Ground and people are asked to make their way to their bubble and to stay in that bubble. The stewards have been instructed to ask people moving out of their bubbles to return and keep a safe distance from other bubbles. This is difficult but a necessary arrangement in 2020 in order for St Bartholomew’s Church to comply with Government and Church of England guidelines and regulations.
- Please make sure you are safely in your bubble by 10.25am for the start of the service at 10.30am.
- The service is likely to last between 30 to 40 minutes. Please bring your own folding chair if you wish to sit during the service, and bring an umbrella.
- There is good parking at the Recreation Ground. Please book a parking place in advance so organisers know how many cars to expect. Priority will be given to disabled and blue badge permit holders. You will be issued with a car park number when booked.
- There will be a PA system in operation during the service so that anyone in a car should still be able to hear everything.
- There will be areas for dignitaries, school children and musicians in addition to Revd.Ben Sear.
- There will be a collection for the Royal British Legion at the service which the Rev Ben Sear will announce. Stewards will walk around the ground with buckets for people to drop money in.
For more information please contact Angie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07745479407 for car parking or additional information.
The organisers say:
“We have taken great care to think about all the possible risks at this important service but we do need everyone attending to help us to be compliant and safe in every way.
“We have a comprehensive approved Risk Assessment, copy sent to our insurers, Parish Council and the Diocese.
“We will have ten first aiders at the service.
“Thank you to everyone attending on the day for helping us to be safe.
Maresfield and Nutley Churches